Monday, December 21, 2009

Classics will always rule!!

Today was a tiring day
As I said in the last blog
I will be going to buy everyone Christmas present
I end up following the gang Esther Karven Veena And Elle to Time Square
Well, I only manage to brought some present
And we went for a movie
We watched The Princess and the Frog

This is the first time in like 6 years I guess that Disney had return to make a 2D animation movie
OK, I gonna give a brief review of this movie
As you had always heard from the bedtime story( or just TV), that a princess kiss a frog and he turned to a prince.But it wasn't the case in this movie, instead the 'soon-to-be' princess turned to a frog when she kissed 'it'. The soon to be princess is called Tiana, and she came from New Orlean. In case you didn't know, she is the first black African-American women to cast as a main princess in Disney animation history. I really love all the characters in the movie. From the frog to the alligator to the fire fly to the damn hilarious spoiled princess wannabe friend to the 197 years old voodoo grandmama. Even the villain I found it quite interesting. The story of this movie is very rich and full of meanings and especially evocative. It was funny, it was sad, it was entertaining, it was corny, it has every emotion pack into one movie, just like every other classics Disney animation. I hope to clarify that when I mention classics Disney animation, I mean all those 2D movie with all those princesses like the Little Mermaid, Lion Kong and so many to them, not those bogus 3D Meet the Robinson or Bolt. I think Disney should have maintain its classics 2D film that had done so much better and successfully than the 3D movie. They should just leave the 3D movie to Pixar which produce a far more superior and full of meanings and emotional movies. Overall this movie is superb. It maintain the feel of 90's animation movie with more interesting plot. But I felt that the movie fell just a little bit short than the movie they produce in the 90's. Probably they fear that the audience now will feel it a bit boring and so they want to spice up the plot a lot. Nevertheless, I definitely encourage all young kids to watch this movie, to experience what kind of childhood we had gone through, and not those fancy hormone filled teenage love story.........yes, Im talking about High School Musical.


Want to know my favourite Disney classic movie of all time

Yes , it's Beauty and the Beast
it came out the year I was born ;)

So after almost finishing shopping
we went to Gasoline for dinner
I suppose to buy Esther present right after dinner, but the shop was closed =(
then we wait in Krispy Kreme for Elle mom to pick us up
A VERY tiring day

P.s. Doing this post make me want to watch all the classic Disney again =) Okay, so I shall start from Beauty and the Beast =P

No comments:

Post a Comment